When you test more than 50 drills in a 4-week period, you get a feel for who makes the best cordless drill. After testing all those tools we also really understand how each one of the Milwaukee Tool drills fits into the line. The best Milwaukee drill for you may not be the most powerful or the most compact. It really just depends on what you plan to do with the tool and what kind of work you want to accomplish.
Our recommendations come after hours of torque and run-time testing as well as after giving the tools lots of real-world use. In the end, we may recommend a different Milwaukee drill for a journeyman electrician than someone starting out in construction. Recommending a single tool for everyone never works—so, hopefully, this article helps you find the model that fits your application and gives you the performance, features, ergonomics, and value you need.
Key Features In Milwaukee drills
If you are looking for a drill machine, you certainly have looked at other company’s products. So why Milwaukee drill? Here we will explain to you what’s so unique about these drills that you should choose them over the others. Read on to get convinced.
One of the best features ever invented by any electronics company; the one-key feature basically does three things. It offers advanced tool control, power tool inventory control, and job-site reporting feature.
The 3 of these services together allow drills to be integrated with different devices. It’s an excellent feature that sets their drills apart and makes them superior.
Excellent Tool Sets
If you have gone through the reviews, you definitely know that Milwaukee offers some of the best drill sets you can find in the market. They offer not only multiple drills but also include chargers and all the necessary equipment in the set. This saves money and time for users.
Most Milwaukee drills last for a long time. Obviously, you would have to use them with care and maintain them. But they can perform consistently throughout their lifetime.
These drills are durable because they are made of good quality materials. Some of them even come with self-healing features to prevent overheating and damages.
Compared to other brands like Makita or Dewalt, we would recommend Milwaukee because it lasts longer and is more powerful.
All the drills manufactured by Milwaukee provide exceptional power and can drill through even the hardest of objects. You can even save electricity with these machines as they don’t require much power.
Cordless vs. Corded
We touched on this a little bit. However, it is essential to consider when choosing your drill. Cordless options are going to be more portable since you won’t be connected to an outlet. However, you will have to deal with a battery, which can increase the weight of the tool.
Corded options are usually more powerful and cheaper (since you don’t have to purchase a battery). However, you will need to have constant access to an outlet. This can make it difficult to use on certain job sites and may mean that you need to purchase an extension cord or maybe even a generator.
Our Top Picks:
1. Milwaukee M18 Cordless LITHIUM-ION 4-Tool Combo Kit
The 2696-24 M18™ Cordless 4-Tool Combo Kit includes the M18™ 1/2″ Hammer Drill / Driver (2602-20), M18™ Sawzall® Recip Saw (2620-20), M18™ 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver (2650-20), and M18™ Work Light (49-24-0171). The M18™ Cordless LITHIUM-ION System’s patented technologies and electronics, innovative motor design, and superior ergonomics provide the most efficient blend of power, weight and performance in the industry.
Powered by RED LITHIUM™ the M18™ cordless system delivers more torque, more power, and longer run-time than the competition.
The most Compact Hammer Drill/Driver in its class is more powerful than the competition. Built with a Milwaukee® 4-Pole frameless motor, the M18™ Compact 1/2" Hammer Drill/Driver delivers 500 in-lbs of torque and up to 1,800 RPM.  At only 7-3/4" length, this drill driver allows you access to the tightest work spaces. An all-metal gear case and 1/2" metal chuck provide maximum durability, even on the most challenging jobsites. REDLINK™ Intelligence provides advanced protection in abusive situations and manages the tool temperature to provide maximum life.
- Milwaukee® 4-Pole Frameless Motor: Features a robust design combined with rare-earth magnets for longer life, best-in-class 500 in-lbs of torque and 0-400/0-1,800 RPM
- Compact Design: Allows greater accessibility in tight work spaces
- All-Metal Gear Case and Chuck: Provide maximum impact and shock durability
- REDLINK™ Intelligence: Advanced overload protects the tool against abusive situations and provides maximum life
2. M18 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Driver/Impact Driver Combo Kit
The Milwaukee M18 Cordless Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit includes the M18 Compact Drill/Driver (2606-20) and M18 1/4 in. Hex Impact Driver (2656-20). The M18 cordless system’s patented technologies and electronics, innovative motor design and superior ergonomics provide users with the most efficient blend of power, weight and performance in its class.
The compact drill/driver and impact driver are powered by Milwaukee REDLITHIUM CP1.5 lithium-ion batteries, delivering more torque, more power and longer run-time than the competition. The kit includes 1 M18 Compact Drill/Driver (2606-20), 1 M18 1/4 in. Hex Impact Driver (2656-20), 2 compact REDLITHIUM CP1.5 Ah lithium-ion batteries, an M18/M12 Multi-Voltage charger, a belt clip, 50-pieces. SHOCKWAVE Bit Set and a contractor bag.
- Milwaukee 4-pole frameless motor features a robust design combined with rare-earth magnets for longer life
- All-metal gear case and chuck: provide maximum impact and shock durability
- 1/2 in. drill/driver has best in class 500 in./lbs. of torque and 0 RPM to 400 RPM/0 RPM to 1800 RPM
- M18 cordless 1/4 in. hex impact driver delivers up to 2,750 RPM, 3,450 IPM and 1,500 in./lbs. of fastening torque for class-leading performance
- M18 cordless 1/4 in. hex impact driver is the most powerful 1/4 in. hex compact impact driver in its class and offers the best power to size ratio among like competitors
- Built-in LED light illuminates your line of cut
- 1/4 in. hex quick-connect chuck
3. M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Driver/Impact Driver Combo Kit
The Milwaukee M12 2-Tool Combo Kit includes the M12 3/8 in. Drill/Driver (2407-20) and the M12 1/4 in. Hex Impact Driver (2462-20). The powerful compact cordless drill driver delivers 275 in./lbs. of torque up to 25% more torque than the competition and 0 RPM to 400 RPM/0 RPM to 1,500 RPM. The impact driver’s high-performance motor gives users 0 RPM to 2,500 RPM for increased fastening speed.
The innovative M12 cordless lithium-ion system is designed to provide users with the power and torque required for professional applications, in a size that allows users to reach the tightest and toughest spaces. Both compact power tools are powered by REDLITHIUM batteries, providing users with unmatched power, speed, and tool belt portability.
In addition to the 2 cordless M12 power tools, the combo kit includes 2 M12 REDLITHIUM batteries, an M12 30-minute charger, and a contractor bag. Milwaukee SHOCKWAVE Impact Duty driver bits are engineered to be the most durable, best fitting driver bits on the market. The optimized SHOCKZONE geometry is unique for each tip type to provide up to 30X longer-life and absorb 3X more torque versus other impact bits.
- Drill/driver delivers up to 275 in./lbs. of Torque
- Drill/driver features new ergonomic handle design for increased comfort
- Impact driver’s Milwaukee impact mechanism delivers 1,000 in./lbs. of Torque
- Drill/driver features metal ratcheting chuck for maximum durability
- 48-32-4023: Optimized Shockzone absorbs peak torque and prevents breaking and Precise Fit Custom Machined Tip prevents stripping and reduces wobble.
- Includes: 1 contractor bag, 1 M12 3/8 drill/driver (2407-20), 1 M12 hex impact driver (2462-20), 2 M12 REDLITHIUM CP1.5 battery pack (48-11-2401), 1 M12 lithium-ion battery charger (48-59-2401), and 1 SHOCKWAVE Impact Duty Steel Driver Bit Set (45-Piece) (48-32-4023)
Why is Milwaukee tools so popular?
Milwaukee Tools have proven to make some of the most innovative, reliable and highest performing 18v cordless tools, combo kits, batteries and charging systems available their tools with a 5 year trade warranty on tools and a 2 year warranty on batteries and chargers.
Is Milwaukee a good drill?
While the Milwaukee M18 is an exceptionally good cordless drill, it couldn’t quite claim an award, though it did finish in the upper tier of the entire group. This drill packs plenty of power, finishing close to the top in both our drilling and driving tests.
What is the difference between M18 and M18 fuel?
At its most basic level, the difference between Milwaukee M18 and M18 Fuel tools is that most M18 products have a brushed motor and all M18 Fuel tools have a brushless one. We’ve written much more about brushed vs brushless motors.