The best way to power the cordless tools that Milwaukee manufactures is with Milwaukee battery chargers. The chargers are available in many sizes because most of them are not universal and only charge certain size batteries.
For instance, 14-volt batteries only use 14V chargers, and the M12 tool line only uses 12 Volt battery chargers. However, they also make at least one battery charger that can charge two types of batteries at once.
Types of Milwaukee Battery Chargers
Milwaukee makes a rapid charger, the Milwaukee 48-59-1807 M18 & M12 Rapid Charge Station, that can charge both 18V and 12V batteries at once. However, it is the exception. Also, not every battery charger needs an outlet to recharge batteries.
The Milwaukee 48-59-1201 M12 Charger and Portable Power Source can plug into a USB outlet, including one that’s in a car, to recharge the batteries. These examples are just two of the chargers and power sources that the company makes for providing their tools with long-lasting power.
Why Buy Milwaukee Battery Chargers?
By purchasing a battery charger from Milwaukee, you will feel good knowing that the battery and charger match. The Redlithium batteries are specially designed to provide up to 50 percent more power than other lithium-ion batteries. So only a Milwaukee charger can keep up with their batteries’ power demands.
Don’t risk trying to charge Milwaukee batteries with an off-brand charger. Each charger from Milwaukee has REDLINK technology to properly manage the temperature of the batteries and charger, plus the voltage to make charging them safe.
If you attempt to charge a Milwaukee battery with another company’s charger, it can sustain damage, and its longevity can be affected. Each Milwaukee charger comes with a three-year manufacturer warranty, so if something goes wrong with it, contact the customer service at Milwaukee.
Milwaukee M18 Batteries & Charging Kits Tips
If you plan to use your tools over extended periods and want to reduce strain, you can opt for compact Milwaukee M18 cordless tool batteries, which weigh less than the standard version while still delivering exceptional power. For those times when you want to go longer without recharging, the XC line offers longer running times than other models. All Milwaukee M18 rechargeable batteries have REDLINK PLUS™ Intelligence, a system that regulates the rate at which they consume power and prevents overheating and overloading for safer work.
If you are just starting out, you should get your batteries as part of a cordless combo kit, with a charger and one or two batteries. For those times when you have a full crew working, multi-charger stations can power up to four Milwaukee M18 batteries at a time so you and your team can swap between the charger and the tool to keep everything going with minimal downtime. Opt for a fast charger model when you’re using high-powered tools that go through a charge more quickly.
Their lithium-ion design prevents these Milwaukee M18 cordless tool batteries from developing a memory, so their maximum charge remains consistent throughout their operational life. FUEL™ gauges on the side give you a clear indication of how much power you have remaining. Their easy-to-lock and release mechanisms make changes fast and simple.
M18 and M12 Battery Charging Accessories of 2021:
1. Milwaukee 48-11-1852 M18 REDLITHIUM XC 5 Ah Lithium-Ion Extended Capacity Battery
Keep working longer with Milwaukee’s 2-Piece M18 REDLITHIUM XC 5 Ah Batteries (48-11-1852). The M18 REDLITHIUM XC 5 Ah Battery delivers power and extended to over 200 M18 tools and solutions without adding excessive size and weight. Boasting 2.5X more runtime, up to 20% more power and 2X the recharges of other Lithium-Ion battery packs, these rechargeable batteries pack a punch. Built-in REDLINK Intelligence protects the batteries from damage due to overload and prevents discharge damage to the cells.
Heavy-duty pack construction, including rubber overmold and cell insulation, ensures these batteries can survive even the harshest jobsite conditions – even extreme cold (below 0 Degrees Fahrenheit / -18 Degrees Celsius). The design of the XC battery pack strikes a balance between longer runtime and light weight. This pack is compatible with all M18 tools.
- REDLINK Intelligence communicates between tool, battery and charger to optimize performance and protect the battery from overload
- Operates in extreme weather conditions to provide fade-free power to tools and equipment
- Best-in-class construction ensures long life, even in harsh jobsite conditions
- Onboard fuel gauge shows remaining runtime at the push of a button
- XC pack strikes balance between runtime and size/weight
- Compatible with all M18 cordless power tools and solutions
2. Milwaukee 2846-20 M18 TOP-OFF Lithium-Ion 175-Watt Cordless Portable Power Supply Inverter
The MILWAUKEE M18 TOP-OFF 175-Watt Power Supply delivers faster simultaneous power to personal devices and small electronics. Attach any M18 battery to provide continuous power or recharge devices with (1) AC 120V Outlet, (1) USB-C PD Port, and (1) USB-A Port. Quickly charge up to 3 devices at the same time, without the barriers of speed throttling. With the USB-C PD port (45 Watts), this battery inverter is capable of recharging devices, from a fully depleted state to 80% capacity, up to 75% faster than conventional wall chargers (5 Watts).
The compact portable power supply has an attached metal rafter hook that can be extended to hang it from carts, lumber, or other jobsite materials when worksurface space is limited. Instantly set up a mobile workstation or keep electronics securely within eyeshot, rather than making frequent trips to a wall outlet.
- Faster Simultaneous Power
- Includes (1) AC 120V Outlet, (1) USB-C PD (45 Watts) Port, and (1) USB-A (2.4 Amp) Port
- Fits All M18 Batteries
- 175W Continuous Watts
- Ideal for laptops, cellphones, TVs, and other small devices
- Rafter hooks allows for versatility on the jobsite to hang on common materials or carts
- Lightweight, Compact Design
- 5-Year warranty
3. Milwaukee 48-11-2440 M12 REDLITHIUM XC 4 Ah Lithium-Ion Extended Capacity Battery
Delivers up to 2x more runtime, 20% more power and 2x more recharges than standard Li-Ion batteries. The M12 REDLITHIUM XC4.0 Battery Pack features superior pack construction, electronics and performance to deliver more work per charge and more work over pack life than any battery on the market. It offers 4 Ah of runtime. With Milwaukee durability built into each pack, this battery runs cooler and performs in climates below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Its compact design fits in tight work spaces and reduces user fatigue.
Managed by Milwaukee’s exclusive REDLINK intelligence, the battery features overload protection to prevent you from damaging your cordless power tools in heavy-duty situations, while the discharge protection prevents cell damage. The temperature management system and individual cell monitoring help maximize battery life. Switch to the M12 REDLITHIUM XC4.0 Battery Pack to instantly upgrade the runtime and durability of your Milwaukee M12 cordless tools.
- REDLINK Intelligence: Provides optimized performance and overload protection using total system communication between tool, battery and charger
- All-weather performance: Delivers fade-free power in extreme jobsite conditions
- Best-in-class construction: Offers long-lasting performance and durability
- Versatility: Powers most Milwaukee M12 cordless power tools
4. Milwaukee 48-11-2131 1-Piece REDLITHIUM USB Rechargeable 3 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery
Run REDLTIHIUM USB-powered devices longer and charge faster using the REDLITHIUM USB Rechargeable 3 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery (48-11-2131). This USB-rechargeable battery provides up to 20% more capacity to Milwaukee REDLITHIUM USB rechargeable solutions, delivering more runtime to devices such as lights, gloves and digital levels. REDLITHIUM USB allows users to save money and minimize waste by eliminating the need for alkaline batteries. Advanced electronics allow users to recharge up to 3X faster when charged by a USB Rechargeable device or the REDLITHIUM USB Portable Power Source and Charger.
- Powers all Milwaukee REDLITHIUM USB Rechargeable Products, including portable lights, digital levels and heated gloves
- Delivers up to 20% more runtime compared to standard REDLITHIUM USB batteries
- Charges up to 3X faster to minimize downtime (when charged with REDLITHIUM USB rechargeable devices or REDLITHIUM USB Charger and Portable Power Source)
- Provides up to 1000 charges, saving time and money over replaceable Alkaline batteries
- 2-Year limited warranty
- Compatible with all REDLITHIUM USB-powered devices
5. Milwaukee 48-59-1880 M18 REDLITHIUM HIGH OUTPUT XC 8 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery and M18 /M12 Charger Kit
The MILWAUKEE M18 REDLITHIUM HIGH OUTPUT XC8.0 Battery Pack provides 50% more power and runs 50% cooler vs M18 REDLITHIUM XC battery packs. The optimized combination of smaller size and increased power of the 18-volt battery provides a great solution for the entire range of M18 products. The lithium-ion battery delivers fade-free power and runs substantially cooler through heavy applications, allowing trade professionals to push their cordless tools throughout a wide application range.
The M18 XC8.0 battery provides increased power in extreme-cold weather conditions (below 0 degrees Fahrenheit / -18 degrees Celsius) and delivers more work per charge, driving corded replacement. The REDLITHIUM HIGH OUTPUT XC8.0 extended capacity battery is fully compatible with all 175+ Milwaukee M18 solutions. The M18 & M12 Rapid Charger charges battery packs up to 40% faster, reducing downtime and maximizing productivity. The charger accepts all M18 & M12 batteries and is able to charge two batteries at the same time. The 18-volt battery charger features REDLINK Intelligence, communicating directly with the batteries to monitor cell voltage, temperature and charge status to optimize their performance and extend the life the pack.
As an added level of communication, the charger indicates when the lithium-ion battery reaches an 80% charge, providing confidence that the battery can complete a substantial amount of work without waiting for a full charge.
- REDLINK Intelligence: M18 battery circuitry provides optimized performance and overload protection using total system communication between tool, battery and charger
- Best-in-class construction: Offers long-lasting performance and the best protection against jobsite, weather and environmental conditions
- FUEL gauge onboard: Displays remaining run-time
- Versatility: Powers all 175+ M18 cordless solutions
- Compatible with all M18 tools
- M18 & M12 Rapid Charger charges packs up to 40% faster
6. Milwaukee 2950-20 M18 PACKOUT Radio and Charger
The MILWAUKEE M18 PACKOUT Radio and Charger is the ULTIMATE JOBSITE SOUND SYSTEM, fully compatible with all PACKOUT storage system solutions. This 10 speaker sound system delivers 360 degrees sound. The Milwaukee M18 jobsite radio delivers full range connectivity with Bluetooth 4.2, an auxiliary input, and an AM/FM radio. The bluetooth speaker also features a built-in M18 charger. This heavy duty jobsite radio has a 2.1 Ah USB output to keep M18 batteries and mobile devices charged all day.
- 10 Speakers: Balanced 360 degrees sound for large and outdoor spaces
- Designed for PACKOUT Modular Storage System: Full compatability
- Charges all M18 batteries and mobile devices with bult in 6 in. cord and USB 2.1 Ah output
- Equipped with Bluetooth 4.2: Streams audio wirelessly from over 100 ft. away
- AM/FM Radio: 18-Station presets with more durable antenna
- More ways to listen: Built-in AUX for when radio and bluetooth are not availble
- Customizable sound: Built in equalizer, adjustable bass and treble
- Subwoofer and Passive Resonator deliver powerful low end sound
- 4 Tweeters and 4 full range speakers deliver clear mids and highs
- Weather-Sealed Storage Compartment: Keep your belongings and mobile devices safe and dry
7. Milwaukee 2136-20 M18 ROCKET Lithium-Ion Dual-Power Cordless LED Tower Light/Charger
The M18 ROCKET Tower Light/Charger is designed to deliver you a lighting solution that adapts, performs, and survives to the job site This light tower sets up in seconds to a max height of 7 ft. and collapses to less than 4 ft. for easy transportation and storage. The LED light head can be extended from 4 ft. – 7 ft. to light overhead work or minimize shadows when casting shine downward. The multidirectional light head allows you to orient the 3 independently pivoting light heads to cast light in several directions.
With an integrated AC plug , you can plug in the light with a standard extension cord and charge any M18 REDLITHIUM battery or use the USB port to charge your devices on site. Delivering 6000 Lumens, it fills up large areas with TRUEVIEW High Definition light. For optimized control over the output and run-time, the M18 ROCKET LED Light has 3 output settings. The LEDs never need to be replaced and are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- 6000 Lumens of TRUEVIEW High Definition Output
- TRUEVIEW High Definition Output provides neutral white color and produces an even beam pattern for clearer visibility
- 5-Second Setup, 7 ft. Extension
- IP54 Rated: Water Resistant
- Impact Resistant, Reinforced Legs
- Built in M18 Charger and USB Port
- Powered by M18 REDLITHIUM Battey or Extension Cord
- 3 Independently Pivoting Light Heads
- Protective Guard to Secure head and lens during transport and storage
- Compact footprint, Low Center of gravity
8. Milwaukee 2792-20 M18 18V Jobsite Radio and Charger
The Milwaukee M18 Jobsite Radio/Charger is the first charging radio to bring the power of Bluetooth to the jobsite, while delivering the industry’s best reception and sound. The most advanced radio of its kind, the M18 Jobsite Radio/Charger features a Bluetooth receiver so you can stream rich, full sound wirelessly from over 100 ft. away.
Its unique battery charger allows you to charge any M18 battery without sacrificing reception or sound quality. For added versatility, a high-power USB port allows you to charge most portable electronic devices over 50% faster than any competitor. The M18 Radio/Charger’s lightweight, high-strength design includes a reinforced roll cage for protection from weather and abusive jobsite conditions. The radio/charger also offers the industry’s largest on-board, weather-sealed storage compartment to protect your small belongings and smart phones. A 16 in. auxiliary input cord and 2 AAA batteries are included.
- Built-in charger quickly and conveniently powers up all Milwaukee M18 Lithium-Ion batteries
- USB power port provides a 50% faster mobile device charging solution whether plugged in or on the go
- Exclusive Digital Bluetooth receiver streams audio wirelessly from over 100 ft.
- Premium speakers and 40 Watt amplifier produce a rich, full sounds for clear audio
- Customizable equalizer and 10 station presets deliver personalized and enhanced sound
- Reinforced roll cage and metal handles protect against the abusive jobsite conditions
- Weather-sealed compartment offers onboard protection for small belongings and smart phone
- On-board bottle opener for added convenience on the jobsite
9. Milwaukee 2357-20 M18 PACKOUT Lithium-Ion Cordless Light/Charger
With up to 3000 Lumens of TRUEVIEW high definition light, the M18 PACKOUT LED Light/Charger redefines portable lighting. Powered by M18 REDLITHIUM batteries (sold separately), this mobile work light delivers up to 31 hours on a single XC5.0 pack. The onboard AC input allows users to power the light with any extension cord, and doubles as a battery charger for any M18 REDLITHIUM battery. Featuring 3 independently adjustable heads, users are able to point light precisely where it’s needed, while the three mode controls switch between all three lights, center light only, or front and back lights only.
Users can also control brightness levels, cycling between low, medium and high outputs. An onboard storage compartment is perfect for small items, and includes a 2.1 Amp USB port to charge personal devices. Compatible with all PACKOUT modular storage products, this light can attach to all sorts of storage boxes, organizers and totes and can be used on or off the stack.
- Shines up to 3000 Lumens of TRUEVIEW high definition LED lighting while on or off the PACKOUT stack
- Can be powered by any M18 REDLITHIUM battery pack or AC extension cord (both sold separately)
- Three independently-adjustable lights shine in all directions, both horizontally and vertically
- Three light output modes adjust between center light only, front/back lights only, or all three simultaneously
- Adjust brightness for low, medium or high output to control light as needed
- Charges all M18 REDLITHIUM battery packs when connected to AC power
- Onboard 2.1 Amp USB port charges mobile devices and other small electronics
- Onboard storage compartment provides users with a spot to store small items and personal devicesCompatible with all PACKOUT modular storage products and all M18 REDLITHIUM battery packs (sold separately)
10. Milwaukee 2951-20 M12 Lithium-Ion Cordless Jobsite Radio/Bluetooth Speaker with Built-In Charger
Keep the music playing for up to 10 hours on a CP2 battery (sold separately) with the M12 Jobsite Radio/Bluetooth Speaker with Built-In Charger (2951-20). This wireless speaker uses an AM/FM tuner and Bluetooth 4.2 wireless connectivity to keep the tunes playing. Designed for the jobsite but fit for the tailgate, this portable speaker with radio includes a self-centering keyhole and pass-through for hanging to keep it out of the way, and IP54 ingress protection to ensure jobsite toughness. An integrated USB 2.1A port helps keep devices charged, and should the battery run low, simply plug this radio speaker into an outlet to keep the music going while charging up any M12 battery.
- AM/FM radio tuner with 10-station preset keeps favorite radio stations stored and accessible
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless connectivity helps this radio pair with all popular wireless devices including phones, tablets and other mobile devices
- Full-range speaker plus tweeter deliver clear sound, while the built-in equalizer dials in treble and bass
- USB 2.1A port charges portable devices quickly
- Self-centering keyhole and built-in pass-through provide adaptable hanging options
- 12V DC plug allows users to charge all M12 batteries while powering the Bluetooth speaker
- IP54 ingress protection resist water and debris
- Compatible with all M12 REDLITHIUM batteries
Does M12 charger work with M18?
The M18™ & M12™ Multi-Voltage Charger accepts all M18™ and M12™ batteries, so you’ll always be prepared and productive, especially on jobs that require a mix of M12 and M18 Milwaukee cordless power tools.
Are Milwaukee batteries OK in the cold?
MILWAUKEE® Lithium-Ion battery packs are designed to operate in temperatures below freezing. When the battery pack is too cold, it may need to warm up before normal use.
Are Milwaukee M18 tools good?
One of the most popular brands of power tools, Milwaukee has provided top-of-the-line, high-performance tools for several decades. They have established themselves as one of the best brands for cordless power tools as well.