DeWalt has been a key innovator of the industrial tools market since its inception in 1922. In the 90 years since DeWalt has become a top manufacturer of jobsite equipment and power tools, with 250 corded and 200 cordless models and over 800 accessories.
You’ll find the vast majority of those here, including the 12v MAX line, the 20v MAX line, DeWalt accessories, air tools, apparel, bare tools, batteries, cameras, chargers, combo kits, demolition hammers, drills, fasteners, generators, grinders, hand tools, handbooks, heat guns, impact drivers, impact wrenches, jobsite equipment, joiners, lasers, nailers, planers, routers, sanders, saws, shears, staplers, and vacuum cleaners.
Why DeWalt Power Tools?
DeWalt knows how to create the best when it comes to power tools. Whether you’re looking for a cordless drill, a portable power station, or a drill/driver, DeWalt certainly has the perfect pick for you. The MAX system of interchangeable lithium-ion batteries makes it easy to choose DeWalt, because the MAX battery can power almost all the yellow-and-black tools with the MAX label. Combine that with great quality, loading up on DeWalt power tools is a no-brainer for pros and DIYers alike. DeWalt also has an amazing warranty policy and if you’re unhappy you can get your money back or get your product professionally repaired.
Pros & Cons:
- Amazing quality
- Perfect for the jobsite
- Great guarantee
- Tried and tested in working conditions
- Some models can be on the pricier side. However, you truly do get top quality that will last.
DeWalt truly believes in the awesome value and quality of its products and aren’t afraid to put its money where its mouth is. All DeWalt tools come with a three-year warranty and a 90-day money back guarantee if you aren’t totally satisfied with your tool. Some models come with a once-off free service. This is seriously a brand that cares and believes in the strength of its products.
Warranties are offered for up to three years from the date of purchase if the product is used in a professional environment. However, this guarantee does not include failures that result from abuse, accidental damage, or when repairs have been administered by someone other than DeWalt. Successful warranties either result in an exchange, or a free repair at a DeWalt service center.
To ensure that you can get you DeWalt power tool professionally serviced or replaced if it is damaged within a professional environment, it is important that you:
- Keep your receipt as proof of purchase
- Take your power tool to an approved DeWalt service center
- Contact DeWalt directly and keep electronic proof of correspondence and repair receipts
Our Picks of Best DeWalt Cordless Tools
1. Dewalt DCD791B 20V Cordless Drill Driver
DeWALT’s 20V MAX XR Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 in. Brushless Compact Drill Driver (Tool Only) features a brushless motor, which delivers up to 57% more run time over brushed motors. This unit combines a compact and lightweight design with high speed versatility, providing 2 speed settings of 0 to 550 and 0 to 2,000 RPM.
- DEWALT brushless motor delivers up to 57% more run time over brushed
- Compact (6.9 in. from front to back) and lightweight (3.4 lbs.) design fits into tight areas
- High speed transmission with 2-speed settings (0 – 550/0 – 2,000 RPM) delivers up to 30% faster application speeds
- Ergonomic comfort grip handle provides ideal balance and tool control
- Metal 1/2 in. ratcheting chuck for superior bit gripping strength
- 3-Mode LED provides lighting in dark or confined spaces up to 20 times brighter than previous model
- LED Spotlight Mode features 20 minute shutoff function allowing for extended work time in dark or confined spaces
2. Dewalt DCF887B 20V Cordless 3-Speed Impact Driver
The DCF887B 20V MAX XR brushless 1/4 in. 3-speed impact driver is compact for fitting in tight spaces and increasing productivity. Three LED lights make it ideal for working in the dark.
- DEWALT built brushless motor and XR Li-Ion batteries deliver more run time and capacity over standard units
- 3-Speed settings for optimized application versatility
- Precision drive in speed 1 for precision applications and added control
- Three LED lights with 20 second delay after trigger release, provide visibility without shadows
- One-handed loading 1/4 in. hex chuck with easy grip sleeve, accepts 1 in. bit tips
- Compact and lightweight design to fit into tight areas (6 mm shorter than the previous DCF886)
- Includes (1) DCF887 20V MAX XR 1/4 in. 3-speed impact driver, (1) belt hook
3. Dewalt DCPS620B 20V MAX XR Cordless Lithium-Ion Pole Saw
The DEWALT 20V MAX XR Brushless Cordless Pole Saw comes equipped with an 8 in. Bar and Chain to handle all of your pruning needs. It features a high efficiency brushless motor that delivers up to 96 cuts per charge. The well balanced design and durable pole shaft extends up to 10 ft. for a total reach of 15 ft. It has an auto oiling feature for added convenience and time saving. It also features metal bucking strips for a durable cutting grip and a tree hook allows you to easily remove pruned branches.
- Extension Pole for up to 15 ft. reach
- Metal bucking strip and tree Hook for durable cutting grip and to easily remove pruned branches
- Brushless motor for up to 96 cuts per charge on a 4 in. x 4 in. pressure treated pine wood
- 8 in. Low kick back full compliment bar and chain
- Auto Oiling
- Comfort grip handle
4. Dewalt DCV517B 20V MAX Lithium-Ion 1/2 Gallon Cordless Wet/Dry Portable Vacuum
The 20V MAX 1/2 Gallon Wet/Dry Portable Vacuum runs off all 20V MAX battery packs for long runtime. The HEPA wet/dry filter traps 99.97% of dust at 0.3 microns. Dual clean-up modes allow for debris removal with either the front utility nozzle or extendable rubber hose. The portable vacuum is easy to use with a heavy duty tank latch for emptying and cleaning, a large on/off switch for one-hand access, and a heavy-duty rubber hose that provides durability and flexibility.
- Dual clean-up modes allow for debris removal with either the front utility nozzle or extendable rubber hose
- Washable filter; Tap or water rinse to clean
- Heavy-duty rubber hose provides durability and flexibility
- Large on/off switch that is easy to access with one hand
- 1/2 gallon tank with heavy-duty latch is easy to empty and clean
- Gore HEPA wet/dry filter traps 99.97% of dust at 0.3 microns
5. Dewalt DCD999B 20V Cordless Hammer Drill Driver
Take advantage of more power with the 20V MAX brushless tools with DEWALT FLEXVOLT ADVANTAGE tool technology. This 1/2 in. Cordless Hammer Drill has up to 42% more power when paired with a DCB606 FLEXVOLT Battery vs. a DCB205 20V MAX 5 Ah Battery. Battery and charger sold separately.
- Up to 42% more power when paired with FLEXVOLT batteries
- Compatible with all DEWALT 20V MAX and FLEXVOLT Batteries
- GREAT BIT GRIP: Heavy-duty 1/2 in. ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck with carbide inserts for superior bit gripping strength
- 20X BRIGHTER LED: 3-mode LED provides lighting in dark or confined spaces up to 20x brighter than the DEWALT DCD985
- EXTENDED WORK TIME WITH LED: Spotlight mode features 20-minute shutoff function, allowing for extended work time in dark or confined spaces
- Tool Connect Chip Ready: Chip pocket accepts Tool Connect Chip DCE042 and connects with Tool Connect Site Manager app for easy asset management on the jobsite (DCE042 sold separately)
- OPTIMIZE TOOL to task with 3-speed transmission
6. Dewalt DCG412B 20V MAX Brushed Lithium-Ion 4-1/2 in. – 5 in. Cordless Grinder
The DCG412B 20V MAX Lithium Ion 4-1/2 in. – 5 in. Grinder increases productivity with features like Quick-Change wheel release, convenient trigger switch with lock-off button, and extended run-time battery. Battery and charger sold separately.
- Cordless angle grinder delivers 8000 RPM for high-power cutting and grinding applications
- Quick-change wheel release allows for tool free wheel changes without the need for a wrench
- Tool-free guard allows for quick, easy guard adjustments/positioning
- 2-Finger trigger switch with lock-off button for convenient activation and easier gripping
- 2-Position side handle provides greater control, comfort and versatility when in use
- 20V Rechargeable battery required (battery and charger sold separately)
- 2-Position side handle offers greater control, comfort and versatility
7. Dewalt DCPW550B 20V MAX 550 PSI Cordless Power Cleaner
Portable cleaning on the jobsite or at home with 10X the cleaning power of a garden hose with the DEWALT 20V Max Power Cleaner. This tool can draw from any fresh water source with an included suction hose where a garden hose is not easily accessible. It can also be hooked up to your garden hose at home or on the jobsite with the convenient quick connect adaptor.
This tool is ideal for convenient cleaning of tools and equipment as well as decks, boats, outdoor furniture and vehicles. It comes with 4 Nozzles that all stored on the unit as well as a soap bottle to cover all your cleaning tasks. Part of the 20V Max DEWALT system this tool will be a great addition to your collection.
- Power through a variety of cleaning tasks with 550 max PSI and 1 GPM
- Convenient cordless cleaning delivering 10X the power of a garden hose
- Draw water from any fresh water source for convenience on the go
- Connect to a garden hose with the quick connect adaptor
8. Dewalt DCN680B 20V MAX 18 Gauge Cordless Brad Nailer
The DeWalt DCN680 18 Gauge Brad Nailer drives 18 Gauge brad nails from 5/8 in. to 2-1/8 in. which makes it ideal for fastening decorative molding, casing, kitchen crown, and shoe molding. With its brushless motor powered by a DEWALT 20V MAX Lithium-Ion battery the DCN680 is ready to go to work without the hassle of using gas, compressor, and hose. Tackle jobs both large and small with the features of a pneumatic tool and the freedom of cordless. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18.
- Battery powered; eliminates the hassle of using gas, compressor, and hose
- Brushless motor maximizes runtime and durability
- Micro nose improves line of sight and accuracy of nail placement
- Tool-free selectable trigger for sequential or contact actuation modes
9. Dewalt DCL043 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless LED Spot Light
Illuminate dark jobsite work areas with the DCL043 20V MAX Jobsite LED Spotlight. Featuring (2) brightness settings for flexibility, pivoting head and belt hook for versatility, and over-molded lense cover for durability.
- 3 Bright LEDs illuminates dark jobsite work areas
- 1 Bright red LED to preserve night vision
- 2 Brightness settings provides flexibility for maximum light output or extended runtime
- 90-Degree pivoting head provides versatility for lighting work surfaces
- Distance – can be seen up to 508 yds. or 1525 ft.
- Pivoting head allows for hands-free operation and light to be projected in multiple directions while standing on its base
- Belt hook to provide increased versatility for transportation and a hands-free use in multiple placements
- Integral hook for hands-free use in multiple placements
- Over-molded lens cover provides increased durability and a non-maring surface for the job site
10. Dewalt DCL077B 12V/20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Compact Task Light
The 12V/20V MAX Compact Task Light will brighten any job. Its 360-degree handle, with two tripod mounts, makes it our most versatile task light yet. 3 brightness settings feature powerful LED technology to produce up to 2000 lumens of natural white light. Its compact and lightweight design (only 3 lbs.) make portability and storing easy.
This task light is compatible with all of our 12V MAX, 20V MAX, and FLEXVOLT batteries, but the design is optimized for 20V MAX compact batteries. 5 Ah batteries or larger will limit the rotation of the 360-degree handle. DCB240 Compact 4 Ah Battery is recommended for use with this compact task light.
- 360-Degree Handle For Multiple Orientation Use
- Powerful Brightness at 2000 Lumen Output
- Natural Daylight Hue
- IP54 Rated – Water and Dust Ingress Protection
- Compact and lightweight at only 3 lbs. (tool only)
- Tripod Mountable- 5/8 in.-11 and 1/4 in.-20