Some jobs don’t need the speed and precision of powerful tools. You just need a manual tool in your hand to get the job done. For times like these, all you need is a screwdriver set at hand with various screwdriver shapes and sizes for different kinds of nails and screws etc. There are a lot of screwdriver sets available in the market that you can buy, but it is necessary to buy a set that can fulfill all basic demands of screw driving.
Screwdrivers are essential accessories in any household. From fixing broken electronics to building flat-packed furniture and assembling garden equipment, they can be useful in many different ways. Instead of purchasing individual screwdrivers as you need it, it is a great idea to purchase a full set with multiple screwdrivers. Luckily, there is a cool range of sets on the market.
But as it turns out, there are many factors to consider when trying to choose the best screwdriver set for your needs. From 6-piece to 10-piece and 34-piece sets, there’s plenty to pick from. We scoured the internet for the best screwdriver sets on the market and compiled the top 5 to choose from.
Benefits of a Screwdriver Set
- Minimize shopping. By purchasing an entire set at once, you are reducing the time you spend hunting down specific screwdrivers. Even if you don’t have an immediate use for everything in a set, it can save you time searching for tools in the future.
- Get more done. Purchasing a complete set will increase fluency in the shop. A single set may have every screwdriver needed for any job, meaning you can spend more time completing projects.
- Organized workspace. Screwdriver sets often come with cases or storage racks. While it may seem like a gimmick, it certainly helps keep things organized. Instead of sprawling your screwdrivers throughout a toolbox, or chest, you can keep them in the dedicated storage solution. Doing so can also significantly improve productivity.
- Shared qualities. There may be various driver sizes and types in a kit, and you can expect them all to have similar qualities. However, a set of screwdrivers provides consistency because you know what to expect, no matter which one you select. This, too, can be a significant contributor to increasing productivity.
Grip design is essential for regular use. The handle must be comfortable and provide the right grip to apply torque.
Screwdrivers need to have solid construction from the handle to the tip. Any flimsy materials will break under pressure, rendering the tool useless.
If you are investing in a set, it’s essential to know every size. Sets with more than you need for a specific task can ultimately be a worthy investment.
- Storage Solutions. Most kits will come with a storage solution. It may be a secondary consideration, but you should at least ensure the case or rack provided is useful to you.
- Integrated Hexes. Many screwdrivers come with an integrated hex design. This is a functional feature that allows the screwdriver to be used in combination with spanner wrenches for additional torque.
- Magnetic Tip. Screws are easy to lose track of during work, and replacing them can be a hassle. Therefore, one should always consider screwdrivers with magnetic tips whenever they are acceptable.
- Insulated Handle. Those who work with electrical components must take measures to prevent getting shocked. Screwdrivers with insulated handles are produced specifically for this purpose.
Our Top Picks
This list of top products was chosen based on the screwdriver head type, screwdriver tips, the piece total, and several additional key factors mentioned above to help you find the best screwdriver set for home maintenance, repairs, and construction tasks.
If you need more variety than the Craftsman 17-Piece Screwdriver Set provides, you’re probably a professional craftsman or builder, and already have all the screwdrivers you need. For most of us, this comprehensive set has plenty of variety and all the durability needed for those common screw-related jobs.
The Craftsman 17-Piece Screwdriver Set contains nine flathead screwdrivers (also known as slotted drivers) that range in tip width from 3/32 inch and all the way to 1/4 inch. The seven Phillips screwdrivers have tips rated at #0 through #2. And, Craftsman rounds it out with a little four-sided flathead keychain. In short, you can use these tools to service everything from a pair of eyeglasses to a large piece of furniture or a household appliance.
Even more useful than the range of tip sizes, is the Craftsman 17-Piece Screwdriver Set’s variety of blade lengths. It includes longer drivers that can reach the back of cluttered electrical cabinets, and stubby ones for maneuvering behind washing machines or water heaters that are set close to the wall.
Another great thing about the Craftsman 17-Piece Screwdriver Set is that it uses different colored handles — either red-striped or transparent — to differentiate between the Philips and slotted drivers. Little design characteristics like this are always a nice perk and definitely save time when searching through a toolbox or drawer.
The Klein Tools 6-Piece Set 85074 is a good choice for beginners who need a simple selection of tools to get started on whatever projects they may face. This set comes with three slotted and three Philips screwdrivers of different sizes, allowing you to tackle the most simple jobs with this set.
It’s also an expensive kit for just six screwdrivers. Overall this is a mediocre kit for most people, but if you’re looking to start your tool collection, this one comes with many of the screwdriver sizes you’ll use frequently, and the quality will leave you happy.
The Fatmax 12 Piece Screwdriver Set is effective for regular duties. It does not come with varies bits for exchange. The screwdriver tips are permanently attached to the handles. The tips are moulded into the handle for better handling and torque. The handle is made wider to provide you with a firm and comfortable grip. The handles are coated with rubber to sustain your grip whether your hands have gloves on or not.
Colour coding is a convenient feature when it comes to organising and fast identification. Sometimes in the middle of work, you don’t have the pleasure of added time. You need to get work done as fast as possible. The colour coded screws are an identifier of all the types of screwdrivers available for use. You can spot them from far and make your work run smoother.
The tips on the screwdrivers have been fashioned from chrome vanadium steel. Chrome vanadium steel does not rust and it is robust enough to handle tough work. Paired together with round ends, these screwdrivers can handle a considerable amount of work. You can be certain that the tips will not go blunt after several uses. The tips provide you with the required amount of friction to drive in screws efficiently without causing damage.
This brand also comes with a 1-year guarantee. The guarantee is there to act as insurance. If you experience difficulties with the product. You can contact the manufacturer for solutions. The 1-year warranty will serve as enough time to test out the screwdrivers. This set comes housed in a plastic carrying case. The case is provided for easy storage and transportation. The case is see through to effect better visibility for easy selection.
Are you familiar with Torx screwdrivers? They’re those six-pointed ones that look kind of like an asterisk. They are a great design, one that better resists stripping out than Phillips- and flat-head screws, even when excessive torque is applied.
But if you don’t have the appropriate driver to remove or install them, you’re pretty much out of luck. Having a nice set of Torx-head screwdrivers in your toolbox can be a lifesaver. This 12-piece set from Amartisan it’s a perfect addition to your collection, and it’s priced to sell at just about 20 bucks.
That outlay gets you a dozen Torx-head screwdrivers in sizes ranging from T-5 to T-10 on the small end and T-15, T-20, T-25, T-27, T-30 and T-40 on the large end. Customers seem to be pleased with these tools, which have a 4.6-star rating on Amazon after nearly 1,800 reviews.
Professionals and casual DIYers alike love bit sets for their versatility, and DEWALT’s 45-piece set personifies this. For use with your corded or cordless power drill with a 3/8-inch chuck, the set comes with all of the most commonly used screwdriver accessories. It has Philips, square, slotted and double-ended bits. No more emergency trips to the hardware store or rummaging through your toolboxes to find the perfect bit size; this one is a must-have for your tool kit.
All of the tips are easy to secure into your drill’s chuck, thanks to DEWALT’s magnetic drive guide technology. But you aren’t limited to DEWALT drills; you can use these bits with just about any power drill. And all 45 pieces are stored in an industrial-strength, hard-top carrying case. Made from hardened steel and crafted with DEWALT’s world-renowned quality, this set is an investment that will last for years.
Our Screwdriver Set Buying Guide
No tool collection is complete without a screwdriver set. Screwdrivers in a variety of types and sizes are necessary for even the simplest of home projects. If you need to replace an outlet cover, you’ll need a screwdriver. If your child’s toy runs out of batteries, you’ll need a screwdriver to open the compartment to replace them. As you shop for a screwdriver set, there are a few important features you’ll want to look for.
Examine the construction of the screwdriver first, as you want to invest in a set that is going to last for many years to come. The EFFICERE Best Choice Precision Screwdriver Set, 9-Piece is an excellent choice, as the shaft is made from a high-strength chrome vanadium steel that is then coated in a rust-resistant chrome plating.
Look at the screwdriver’s handle next. You want a set with an ergonomic design, as this will reduce wrist fatigue. That’s especially important if you spend a lot of time working with your hands. The CREMAX Non-Slip Cushion Grip Screwdriver Set, 14-Pc offers this feature and goes a step beyond by adding cushioning to the handles to make them more comfortable. As an added bonus, the handles are also labeled with part numbers and sizing figures.
Screwdriver Set Tips and Advice
- It’s good practice to store your tools in a cool, dry location that doesn’t experience high humidity. If you have no other option, you can always install a dehumidifier in the room to keep the humidity levels in check.
- Keep your screwdriver set neatly organized within your storage space, so you don’t lose any of the pieces. If the set didn’t come with a storage case or tray, you can always purchase one separately. You can also use pegboards, tool chests or canvas tool bags to keep your screwdrivers orderly.
- Before you put your screwdrivers away at the end of the day, you’ll want to clean them off. This keeps your work area clean and also extends the life of your tools. A little soap, water and WD-40 is all you need to restore your screwdrivers to like-new condition. Just remember to dry the tools immediately after cleaning them.
- Should your screwdrivers become rusty at any point, set them in a bucket of hot water mixed with cleaning solution for 30 minutes. Afterward, you’ll be able to remove the rust using a piece of steel wool.
The market has a vast variety of screwdriver sets, so whether you need a decent selection for tough jobs or a large set with various tools for multiple tasks, there is one out there for you. Remember – you do not need to consider the number of screwdrivers in a set, but rather the benefits it can give you.
Don’t forget to check other customer reviews too just to be sure the manufacturer lives up to their promise. If you can get a screwdriver set with a warranty or money back guarantee, this is a good indication of quality and durability.